As a Veterinary Technician in our Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic, you will provide excellent, compassionate support to our veterinarians in the performance of surgical preparation, anesthesia induction, monitoring, recovery, examination and medication of shelter and community pets. You may also direct clinic staff and volunteers with surgical preparation, clean up, recovery and medication.
- Energized by providing compassionate veterinary services to both community and shelter dogs and cats.
- An efficient, self-motivated and flexible multi-tasker that thrives in a busy clinic.
- Eager to learn and improve your skills.
- A skilled communicator with over-the-top interpersonal skills
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate and shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door and collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values and the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Evaluating dogs and cats brought in for health care issues
- Administering appropriate tests, medical care and medication under the supervisor of our veterinarians
- Assisting in surgery preparations and surgeries.
- Performing anesthesia induction and overseeing anesthetic recovery and follow up care.
- Assisting with euthanasia, vaccinations and other injections.
- Maintaining equipment in surgery to ensure function and safety.
If would rock if you:
- Are a Registered Veterinary Technician in the State of New Mexico
- Have an AA degree in Veterinary Technology or Veterinary Assisting
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in a veterinary clinic or emergency clinic