As a Veterinary Technician in our donor subsidized clinic, you will provide excellent, compassionate support to our veterinarians in the performance of surgical preparation, anesthesia induction, monitoring, recovery, examination & medication of shelter & community pets. You may also direct clinic staff & volunteers with surgical preparation, clean up, recovery & medication.
- Energized by providing compassionate veterinary services to both community & shelter dogs & cats.
- An efficient, self-motivated & flexible multi-tasker that thrives in a busy clinic.
- Eager to learn & improve your skills.
- A skilled communicator with over-the-top interpersonal skills
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Evaluating dogs & cats brought in for health care issues
- Administering appropriate tests, medical care & medication under the supervisor of our veterinarians
- Assisting in surgery preparations & surgeries.
- Performing anesthesia induction & overseeing anesthetic recovery & follow up care.
- Assisting with euthanasia, vaccinations & other injections.
- Maintaining equipment in surgery to ensure function & safety.
If would rock if you:
- Are a Registered Veterinary Technician in the State of New Mexico
- Have an AA degree in Veterinary Technology or Veterinary Assisting
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in a veterinary clinic or emergency clinic