CareersAre You Ready to Love Your Job?
A Day in the Life at Animal Humane
- Feeding a neonate kitten
- Thanking our amazing donors
- Helping a senior dog head out to their new home
- Assisting in a fracture repair for an orange Tabby
- Walking a pocket pittie
- Helping a generous volunteer learn how to receive items at our Thrift Shop, or
- Supervising play time at Doggie Daycare
But no matter what you are doing, you are making life better for cats & dogs in need!
- Supplemental insurance products
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403b with company match
- Discounted veterinary services at our Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all full-time staff
- Sick Time for all part-time &
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave – for family and pets
- Domestic Abuse Leave
Hear from Our Team
Working here has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life so far, It’s giveb me the opportunities to help people in actual, dire need; from medical and food assistance to offering aid and comfort to pet owners having to face some of the toughest decisions they’ve had to make, and helping guide people to a new beloved family member to complete their home.
Working with pets can be tough…and messy. It can be tiring mentally & physically, but it’s also SO rewarding. I truly believe this job is my calling.
I am honored to work at The Center at Animal Humane. Our team is efficient, fun, compassionate, and organized. Working here has brought tremendous career growth and overall animal handling experience that I am very grateful for. The experience that I received while working at this wonderful organization will resonate with me my entire life.
I love working for a team that cares about a common goal, and that goal is making animals happy. I will do anything in my power to ensure that every single pet in my care goes to sleep peacefully and wakes up with their tail wagging!
I love working at Animal Humane, we have a positive work culture and work as a team to ensure we are able to accomplish our mission and improve the lives of cats and dogs in New Mexico. The smile on a new adopter’s face is priceless and the happy tail wagging warms my heart.