The Perfect Pet is Waiting for You!
Before Your Visit
Browse our available pets by clicking one of the images. Pet profiles contain detailed information about our pets’ personalities, temperaments, sizes & locations.
During Your Visit:
- Adoptions are completed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No holds may be placed over the phone and completing an interest form does not constitute a hold on that specific pet.
- Please allow plenty of time to meet your perfect pet. Once you have selected a pet, the adoption process will take at least 30 minutes. We do not begin the adoption process after 5:30 pm.
- Animal Humane New Mexico abides by the City of Albuquerque’s HEART Ordinance by performing background checks on all adopters who must meet our Qualified Adopter Policy.
- We reserve the right to refuse an adoption for any reason.
After Your Visit
- Make an appointment with your veterinarian.
- Contact our Behavior Helpline at 505.938.7900 or BehaviorHelpline@AnimalHumaneNM.org if you need advice on integrating your new pet into your home.
- Keep us updated! We love to hear about your adventures with your furry family members. Updates can be sent to pUpdate@AnimalHumaneNM.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to adopt a pet?
Please allow plenty of time to find your perfect pet. Once you have selected a pet, the adoption process will take at least 30 minutes. You may experience a short wait to meet with one of our Adoptions Advisors. We do not begin the adoption process after 5:30 pm.
What should I bring with me when adopting a pet?
Please bring a valid form of identification when planning to adopt a pet. Please note: We perform background checks on every potential adopter, and will not adopt pets to any person convicted of a violent crime or animal abuse.