Behind the scenes of an animal shelter are many people working on behalf of homeless pets that are not quite ready to be adopted into their forever homes. These pets have varying needs. Often they are weaning from their mother, too young for spay/neuter or require special medical attention. Animal Humane’s team at our Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic work diligently to prepare these pets for success before, during and after their stays in loving foster homes.
Our dedicated team of Foster Caregivers assists our pets by gifting their time and compassion. By inviting foster pets into their lives, homeless cats and dogs experience the love of a human companion and return to our shelter as happy, healthy, and socialized pets…ready for adoption!
Through Foster Care, you can:
- Observe the development of playful kittens and puppies with your family.
- Help your children learn the important responsibilities of pet ownership.
- Nurse sick or injured pets back to health so they can live full and happy lives.
- Experience the joy of bottle-feeding puppies and kittens.
- Provide nourishment and enrichment to puppies and kittens through the first few developmental months of their lives.
If you are interested in participating in this program or would like more information, complete an application today.