Effective June 11:
Animal Humane New Mexico will be adhering to the Governor’s current health order directives & we have updated our location protocols immediately:
Animal Humane Services:
Adoptions, Main Campus:
- Currently, we are scheduling appointments to allow individuals & families to meet with an adoption advisor & visit our available pets.
- If you would like to reserve an adoption appointment, simply visit: animalhumanenm.org/adopt/ & fill out the adopter questionnaire located at the bottom of each pet’s profile.
- Submit only one questionnaire to reserve your appointment. On your questionnaire, you may list if there are multiple pets you might like to visit with.
- Important! Completing the questionnaire does not place a specific pet on hold for you. All adoptions are completed on a first-come basis. If the pet you are originally interested in is no longer available at the time of your appointment, our Adoptions Advisors will help connect you with another pet you might like.
- Questionnaires are reviewed in the order they are received. Once a questionnaire is processed our Adoptions Team will be in touch by phone to set up your adoption appointment.
- Walk-in appointments are also sometimes available but cannot be guaranteed on busy days such as weekends.
- Adoption Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 10 am – 1 pm & 2 – 6 pm.
Admissions: By appointment only, effective June 18, from June 11 – 17, we are not taking any Admissions.
- To schedule an appointment to surrender an owned pet, please email email@example.com with your name, phone number & type of pet you are looking to surrender.
- If you have found an adult pet as a stray, we encourage you to first try to reunite the pet with their owner by getting the pet scanned for a microchip at a local veterinary clinic & posting the pet’s information on Pawboost.com & Nextdoor.com.
- To schedule an admission appointment for a stray pet, please leave a message at 505.938.7861.
- Admissions Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 10 am – Noon & 1 – 4 pm
Westside Adoption Center: Remains closed
Donor-Subsidized Vet Clinic: Here are the new guidelines for our Clinic’s transition to in-person appointments:
- One client per appointment may accompany their pet(s) into the Clinic.
- Anyone entering our Clinic must wear a properly fitting face mask throughout the entire visit, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status.
- When you arrive at our Clinic for your appointment or prescription pick up, please stay in your car & call us at 505.938.7890 to check in. A team member will prepare for your visit & escort you into an exam room for your scheduled doctor visit or come out to your car with anything you need.
- Curbside protocols will still be in place for technician appointments (nail trims, lab work, etc.) & prescription pick up or sample drop off.
- Curbside pet exams will remain available by client request.
- Only 5 clients will be allowed in our lobby & we will ask that you remain in your car until space becomes available & you are escorted inside.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill or are quarantining due to COVID-19 exposure, please reschedule your appointment or call us to discuss options if your pet is sick.
- Day Care Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8 am – 2 pm (no Small Dog Day Care on Saturday due to specialty Day Care Programs in Play Yard)
Mellow Pup Saturday: Saturday: 3 – 5 pm
Mellow Pup II Saturday: Saturday: 10 am – Noon
Puppy Hour: Saturday: 3 – 5 pm
- Day Care Curbside Service: Call for drop off & pick up, 505.967.7748
- The Center Tours: By appointment, 9 – 11:30 am & 1:30 – 4:40 pm, call 505.255.PLAY (7529)
Pet Food Bank: Back to normal operating hours, Sundays & Thursdays, 10 am – Noon.
Thrift Shop: Open Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm & Sunday, Noon – 5pm. We accept cash & credit card payments.
- Donation drop-off hours: 10 am – 2 pm, Monday through Saturday. Please note, these hours are subject to change based on the high volume of donations accepted in our processing area.
- Thrift Shop Pickups: Please call 505.938.7915 to schedule your large item pickup curbside.
Face Coverings & Social Distancing:
All Animal Humane New Mexico Guests are still required to wear face coverings & keep 6-feet social distancing when visiting any of our locations.
Your ongoing generosity allows us to continue providing vital services to homeless & at-risk pets in our shelter & in Foster Care. To make a monetary donation, please visit our website or call 505.938.7938. And, you can help without leaving your home by ordering off our Amazon Wish List.
The pets & Team at Animal Humane are grateful for your continuous generosity & support.