Are you interested in using your empathy, problem solving skills & good judgement to improve the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs? As a Community Outreach Assistant, you will assist with two community outreach programs: Safety Net aimed at providing pet owners facing challenges with resources needed to retain their pets; & Pet Health Fairs focused on providing single day events for low-cost vaccinations & microchipping to neighborhoods in Albuquerque as well as other New Mexico communities on a limited basis. This is a part time position requiring three 6-7 hour days on a fixed Monday through Friday schedule.
- A lover of all breeds of dogs & cats and can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane.
- Eager to help fellow community members access needed resources they might not know are available
- Outgoing, enthusiastic in meeting & working with new people, & comfortable interacting with & sharing information with the public
- Impeccably organized & can move from one task to the next with ease.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Identifying available resources for use in different Safety Net cases.
- Coordinating care of Safety Net pets & clients through behavior, medical & boarding service providers.
- Determining which cases can or cannot be taken depending on cost estimates per case & available funds.
- Problem solving with clients to determine what resources might be available to help them & their pets depending on their circumstances.
- Assisting with tracking & reporting on all programs.
- Assisting in planning & executing Pet Health Fairs.
If would rock if you:
- Were bilingual in English & Spanish & have experience interacting with the public in a veterinary clinic, animal shelter, or other social welfare setting.
- Were experienced in advanced animal handling.
- Can multi-task with the best of them.
- Had experience in event planning and execution.