Does this sound like you?
- You are passionate about supporting & improving the lives of cats & dogs & the people who care for them.
- You are an experienced business professional adept at leading high-performance teams that consistently meet or exceed performance goals.
- You like to roll up your sleeves & do what ever it takes to get the job done.
- You know the nature of non-profit leadership means constantly adapting; meeting with executive leaders on one day & filling in at the front desk the next.
- You can motivate a team to do their best work even in the toughest of circumstances.
- You are a dynamic, compelling communicator. You can calm down an angry customer & turn them into a lifelong ambassador of Animal Humane.
If so, you might be our next Adoptions Operations Director. Here’s the scoop:
You will oversee the management & performance of all adoption-related efforts, pet admissions & pet behavior services for our Main Campus & satellite adoption locations. Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Providing direct leadership over the adoptions operations to ensure efficient, high-quality, cost-effective performance of all programs.
- Leading & supporting a team of compassionate Adoptions Advisor, area leads and managers.
- Working closely with our Animal Care & Clinic teams to meet appropriate capacity & care goals. Developing, tracking & reporting on administrative & financial plans for the department including program plans & budgets.
- Management & oversite of pet populations & pet movements to meet monthly & annual adoption goals.
- Collaborate with other departs to identify, develop & implement creative & innovative programs shelter-wide.
Who we are:
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in management, business management, social welfare program management or a related area of study.
- Three to five years of direct experience supervising & managing a team of 20+ employees in an animal welfare or social welfare agency. Must be able to effectively train, coach, support & motivate others.
- Knowledge of animal management procedures including sheltering practices & veterinary issues preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online by clicking here.