As an Adoption Advisor, you will provide excellent customer service while counseling & educating potential adopters of shelter pets. You will also provide information & answer questions about pets, events & programs at Animal Humane. You will be involved in intakes of stray dogs & cats, pets from transferred from other shelters, & owner surrenders.
- Energized by people & can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane to the general public.
- An outstanding communicator who can guide the selection of pets based on household members & other resident pets, levels of activity, physical environments & other important considerations.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Performing Meet Your Match assessments to accurately match pets with potential adopters & following through until the adoption is complete.
- Processing incoming dogs & cats accurately recording all necessary information pertaining to the pets.
- Educating the public and potential adoptions about animal behavior & characteristics to be aware of in dealing with shelter pets.
If would rock if you:
- Had one or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a retail or food service industry.
- Can use sound marketing and public relations skills in addressing the public & promoting our programs & services.
- Are competent in handling cats and dogs.
- Can identify dog & cat breeds, ages & sexes.
- Can write engaging profiles of pets to highlight their uniqueness.