As an Accountant, you will be processing daily cash receipts, entering accounts payable & will assist with the monthly close process. You will be the primary backup for payroll processing &
- Motivated by a career that is more than a paycheck; you want to make a difference in the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs.
- A proven accountant experienced in accounts receivable, accounts payable, processing nontaxable transaction certificates, preparing journal entries for month end close.
- Superhumanly accurate & possess a great attention to detail.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Entering daily cash receipts from all departments into MIP accounting system.
- Entering all incoming invoices into our workflow system for approval.
- Processing payments for invoices due.
- Preparing journal entries for our month end close process.
- Providing reconciliations of balance sheet line items or operational process for cost savings, internal controls & potential efficiencies.
It would Rock if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting & 3 or more years’ experience as an accountant or analyst & can demonstrate appropriate understanding & working knowledge of accounting principles & internal controls.
- Have experience working in a nonprofit or comparable setting.
- Are detail oriented, superhumanly accurate, & an expert with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint.
If you’re the one, please provide us with an amazing cover letter & resume.