As an Accountant/Financial Analyst, you will be performing general accounting duties, analysis of monthly business results & playing a vital role in the development of regular budgets & forecasts. You will also be helping to determine & implement automated processes across our organization.
- Motivated by a career that is more than a paycheck; you want to make a difference in the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs.
- A proven accountant experienced in accounts receivable & accounts payable.
- Energized by the analysis & improvement of business operations.
- An independent worker & analytical thinker who loves to conduct research, data analysis & resolve complex problems.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Responsible for all accounts payable/receivable functions.
- Preparing journal entries for our month end close process.
- Providing reconciliations of balance sheet line items or operational process for cost savings, internal controls & potential efficiencies.
- Preparing consolidated forecasts, budgets & analyzing trends in revenue & expenses.
- Developing, managing & analyzing reporting on process performance.
- Assisting with the identification of improvement opportunities, using various process improvement tools & potential redesign solutions including process automation.
It would Rock if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting & 3 or more years’ experience as an accountant or analyst & can demonstrate appropriate understanding & working knowledge of accounting principles & internal controls.
- Have experience in analyzing, monitoring & improving business operations.
- Have experience working in a nonprofit or comparable setting.
- Are detail oriented & can problem-solve with the best of them.
- Are superhumanly accurate & an expert with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint.
If you’re the one, please provide us with an amazing cover letter & resume.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online by clicking here.