As an Animal Care Attendant, you will provide compassionate daily care for pets residing at Animal Humane & new pets admitted into our care.
- A hard worker who likes to keep busy.
- You enjoy a fast-pace environment & thinking on your feet.
- You are detail-orientated & have great powers of observation.
- You love pets & want to see them all placed in forever homes.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Feeding & watering dogs & cats
- Providing a safe, clean environment for the pets in our care by following our cleaning protocols
- Processing incoming dogs & cats accurately recording all necessary information pertaining to the pets.
- Completing initial health examinations of incoming dogs & cats as well as vaccinating, deworming & running labs.
- Preparing & administering medication for pets as prescribed by our veterinarians.
If would rock if you:
- Had one year experience working in a kennel or clinic or other animal related field.
- Are competent in handling cats & dogs.
- Can identify dog & cat breeds, ages & sexes.
- Have basic computer & data entry skills