As a Thrift Shop Manager, you will ensure the store is operated in a manner maximizing sales profitability & meet or exceed projected budgeted revenue & net profit goals. You will be responsible for operating, organizing, coordinating the solicitation of donations for resale, & maintaining the store as an effective profit center for Animal Humane New Mexico.
- Energized by people & can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane.
- Profit-minded & have a proven track record of increasing retail profits.
- A motivational leader adept in team building & performance management.
- Able to be flexible in your work schedule including days, evenings, weekends or long shifts if needed.
- An outstanding communicator both verbally and in writing.
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Managing & overseeing the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Hiring, training, motivating, & inspiring associates & volunteers to build strong relationship with customers to increase customer & donor retention.
- Responsible for processing of donations & ensuring the store is always sufficiently stocked with quality, sellable merchandise.
- Ensuring a positive experience with all donors, customers, employees & volunteers
If would rock if you:
- Had 3-5 or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a leadership, supervisory or management role preferably in a thrift store or retail environment.
- Were an experienced supervisor & team builder.
- Can use sound marketing skills in promoting our store & Animal Humane’s programs & services.