As a Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator, you will provide excellent customer service & assist overseeing the growth & management of the Volunteer Services Department. You will be the point-of-contact for a portion of our pool of 500+ active volunteers & foster families. You will also be a resource for information about Animal Humane & our Volunteer Programs.
- Outgoing & enthusiastic about meeting & working with new people.
- Confident in the role of being a volunteer supervisor & in providing guidance & constructive feedback.
- Comfortable providing guidance & oversight to others.
- An outstanding communicator both verbally & in writing.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Overseeing programs for volunteer recruitment in the community.
- Organizing the on–boarding process of new volunteers.
- Assisting with daily coordination of our volunteer pool.
- Coordinating volunteer schedules & ensuring needed assignments are filled.
- Assisting in planning the annual volunteer recognition event.
- Assisting with our volunteer involvement at Doggie Dash & Dawdle.
If would rock if you:
- Had 1 or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a leadership, supervisory or management role.
- Were skilled in teaching & making presentations.
- Were an experienced team builder.
- Can use sound marketing, public relations & recruiting skills in promoting our programs & services.