Job Summary: Counsel and educate potential adopters of shelter animals. Accurately distribute information and answer questions regarding current Animal Humane events, programs, and shelter animals. Accept transfer, owner surrender, and stray animals into our care while working in the admissions department. Assistant in the behavior and foster department as requested.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane to the general public in executing duties of counseling, educating and promoting programs and services; and in the adoption of shelter animals.
- Process incoming animals being surrendered to Animal Humane. Accurately record all necessary information pertaining to the animal, including but not limited to: history of animal, data entry, photographing, writing profiles, accurate kennel card information.
- Perform MYM assessments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Counsel potential adopters and guide the selection of an animal based on the household members, other resident animals, level of activity, physical environment, and other consideration factors.
- Educate the public and potential adopters about animal behavior and characteristics of which to be aware in dealing with shelter animals.
- Utilize sound marketing and public relations skills in addressing the public and promoting programs and services offered by the facility.
- Be responsible for accurate entry and operation of automated office equipment which includes but is not limited to: Multi-line phone system, computers, copier, credit card system, fax machine, postage machine and printers.
- Humanely handle animals at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for the animals and the public at all times
- Observe animals for health and behavioral conditions, and communicate findings to supervisor.
- Assist satellite and mobile staff by preparing paperwork for animals.
- Follow through with customers until adoption is complete.
- Fulfill all tasks on daily checklist assigned by supervisor.
- Identify animal breeds, ages and sexes.
- Maintain accurate and current computer records on all animals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Adoption Manager and Assistant Adoption Supervisor (e.g., special projects).
- Work as a team with all areas of Animal Humane.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and basic computer experience
- ExperienceOne year customer service experience working directly with the public and computers
- Skills and Abilities
Strong, demonstrated/proven sales and marketing skills. Competent skills in handling cats/dogs for intake or show to the general public