Animal Humane New Mexico and the City of Albuquerque’s Animal Welfare Department are collaborating through the support of grants from the ASPCA and PetSmart Charities to increase adoptions and decrease pet intakes throughout Albuquerque shelters.
Together, Albuquerque’s ASPCA Community Partnership:
- Increases the number of shelter pets placed in homes through joint adoption events
- Increases the reunification of pets with their owners through licensing, microchips, and identification tags
- Increases the wellness of owned Albuquerque pets by providing vaccinations and microchips at community Pet Health Fairs
- Decreases the homeless pet population through a $10 Spay/Neuter Voucher Program for Albuquerque residents
- Decreases the number of owned pets surrendered to shelters by offering pet retention resources
The *$10 Spay/Neuter Voucher Program is available to Albuquerque residents who own felines, Chihuahuas, Pit Bulls, or canines who weigh/are expected to weigh 40 lbs. at full grown and are 4-months to 6-years-old. The $10 copay includes the spay/neuter surgery, FREE vaccinations, and a FREE microchip. There is no voucher limit per client. Pets over 6-years-old are not eligible.
$10 Spay/Neuter Vouchers are available at:
- Animal Humane’s Main Campus on 615 Virginia St. SE
- Animal Humane’s Westside Adoption Center on 10141 Coors Blvd. NW
*An additional $50 fee is required for dogs 4 – 6-years-old, dogs weighing over 90 lbs., and dogs who are pregnant or cryptorchids. An additional $50 fee is required for cats 4 – 6-years-old and cats who are cryptorchids. An additional $20 fee is required for cats who are pregnant. If complications arise or medication is deemed necessary, payment is the responsibility of the pet owner.
For more information please contact:
Partnership Adoption Events Manager
Partnership Outreach Manager