Animal Humane New Mexico and the City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department are collaborating through the support of a grant from the ASPCA to increase adoptions community-wide as well as decrease pet intakes throughout Albuquerque shelters.
Together, the ASPCA Albuquerque Community Partnership:
- Increases adoptions of homeless pets in Albuquerque through joint adoption events
- Increases the reunification of pets with their owners through licensing, microchips and identification tags
- Increases the wellness of Albuquerque pets by providing vaccinations and microchips at our community Pet Health Fairs and spay/neuter services through our $10 Spay/Neuter Voucher Program
- Decreases the number of homeless pets who enter shelters by offering spay/neuter services to Albuquerque residents
- Helps keep pets with their owners through their Pet Retention Program
The $10 Spay/Neuter Voucher Program is available to Albuquerque residents who own a feline, Chihuahua, Pit Bull type dog or dog who will be over 40 lbs. at full grown. The $10 copay includes the spay/neuter surgery, FREE vaccinations and a FREE microchip. Pets over 6 years are not eligible and there is no voucher limit per client as long as all pets meet the listed specifications.
An additional $50 fee is required for dogs 4-6 years, dogs weighing over 90 lbs. and dogs who are pregnant or cryptorchids. An additional $50 fee is required for cats 4-6 years and cats who are cryptorchids. An additional $20 fee is required for cats who are pregnant. If complications arise or medication is deemed necessary, payment is the responsibility of the pet owner.
$10 spay/neuter vouchers are available at:
- City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department Eastside Shelter on 8920 Lomas Blvd. NE
- Westside Shelter on 11800 Sunset Gardens SW
- Animal Humane New Mexico’s Main Campus on 615 Virginia St. SE
- Westside Adoption Center on 10141 Coors Blvd. NW
For more information please contact:
Partnership Adoption Events Manager
Partnership Outreach Manager