Are you interested in using your excellent customer service skills to improve the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs? The Center at Animal Humane is seeking Hospitality Attendants to fill full- and part-time positions in our brand new Day Care and Boarding facility.
Founded in 1965, Animal Humane New Mexico is the state’s leading private nonprofit animal welfare organization serving more than 10,000 homeless and at-risk dogs & cats each year. We support every pet at Animal Humane with outstanding veterinary, social and emotional care.
Hospitality Attendants supervise play with pets in our care. They are responsible for Monitoring behavior and identifying arousal in order to prevent altercations and ensure the pets are safe, stress free, and most of all, having fun!
Sound interesting? Ideal candidates will have experience with animal sheltering practices, veterinary issues and a general knowledge of dog behavior. We are seeking team members with excellent customer service and basic administrative skills. Applicants must have a passion for pets and a high standard of excellence. Experience working in an animal welfare agency is a plus.
1. Monitor behavior and identify arousal in order to prevent an altercation. Safely remove pets from altercations when the circumstance arise using the trained methods.
2. Learn and understand play styles and make note of interactions between dogs to ensure they are safe, stress free and having fun.
3. Dispense breakfast, lunch and dinner as necessary. Administer medication if necessary.
4. Sanitize boarding kennels on a daily basis when occupied.
5. Provide baths for pets when necessary.
6. Record information about each pet entering for care including the pet’s medical history, behavioral history and pet parent’s contact
7. Maintain neat and clean lobby and work areas and dispose of waste properly.
8. Provide guidance to volunteers as needed.
9. Supervise play with pet’s attending day care.
10. Provide excellent customer service.
11. Answer incoming calls and provide information as appropriate; forward messages to the appropriate department.
12. Receive incoming visitors, respond to questions, requests, complaints and/or refer to appropriate department. Assist in signing clients up for classes, scheduling hospitality appointments and directing visitors.
13. Retrieve and respond to all incoming call messages left at the general voice mail box daily (or next business day, if appropriate).
14. Respond to all incoming emails referenced by The Center at Animal Humane website.
15. Gain thorough knowledge of the workings of all office equipment.
16. Communicate through phone and/or email with any concerns that may arise during their pet’s stay.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of animal management procedures and activities, including sheltering practices and veterinary issues; Excellent oral and written communications skills; Ability to use computers, office equipment, vehicles, and animal restraint equipment; and to have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License. Professional training certification preferred. Problem solving and conflict resolution.
General knowledge on dog behavior with some administrative, personnel, and financial matters involved in managing a diverse staff in an animal welfare agency. Customer service, scheduling, appointment setting and phones.
Please complete our online application and submit your cover letter and resume at https://animalhumanenm.org/get-involved-2/join-our-team/