Animal Humane works with many local businesses to create mutually beneficial partnership that assist in saving even more homeless pets in New Mexico, and we’d love to work with your company for one of many opportunities.
Recognizing the importance of support from our business community, Animal Humane uses our successful marketing initiatives and reputable brand to acknowledge these valued relationships. Businesses that partner with our organization gain increased visibility while aligning themselves with a well-respected and award winning nonprofit.
As New Mexico’s leading animal welfare organization, our events are recognizable in our community and extremely well-attended. If your business would like to be associated with one of Animal Humane’s annual or one-time events, please contact Autumn Grey, Marketing Director, at [email protected] or 505.938.7914 for sponsorship or vendor details. We will work with you to determine the best event sponsorship opportunity for your business and maximize your impact and exposure to our community.
What kinds of partnerships does Animal Humane offer?
Animal Humane can partner with your business in several ways, with a goal of providing visibility to your business and revenue, pet adoptions or exposure for Animal Humane New Mexico. We strive for mutually beneficial relationships that are philanthropic, but also provide recognition to our partners through our promotional outlets.
- Benefit Events: In this type of partnership, your business selects a specified time frame (a day, a week, a month, etc.), a specific event or a promotion you are hosting, and directs a portion of proceeds and/or sales to Animal Humane.
- Event Sponsorships: Each year, Animal Humane hosts highly publicized and well-attended events, like our Doggie Dash & Dawdle, New Mexico Humane Conference and Feline Film Festival. Each of these events includes significant reach to our constituents through advertising and other forms of recognition.
- Mobile Adoption Events: Our Mobile Adoptions Team regularly visits businesses in the Albuquerque metro area. For adoption events, “Moby,” our large mobile adoptions vehicle, will visit your business or event location equipped with everything needed to facilitate dog or cat adoptions on your site. These events can be combined with Benefit Events for a highly successful partnership.
- Doggie Date Events: On Doggie Dates, 2 – 3 adoptable dogs will visit your business, and provide information on our programs, services and events. These pets will be accompanied by members of our Adoptions Team and/or volunteers.
- Outreach Events: During these events, representatives from Animal Humane will visit your location and set up an informational booth for visitors. During your event, members of the public visit our booth to speak with our representatives and learn more about the programs and services we provide. Outreach events can include the attendance of some of our adoptable dogs on Doggie Dates, but adoptions are not able to be completed at these events.
- Custom Partnerships: We are always looking for creative new ways to work together! These might include in-kind relationships; perhaps your company can incorporate Animal Humane into your extensive advertising or sponsors a television or radio segment. Perhaps you might be able to co-brand an item to give to our 4,000+ adopters each year. Or, perhaps your company can help us supply food to our Pet Food Bank clients, or is interested in a naming opportunity. For more information, please contact Christina Thies, Marketing Director.
What are some examples of successful business partnerships?
Animal Humane is fortunate to have some very generous partners in our community who help us raise vital funds and provide visibility to the homeless dogs and cats in our care. Just a few examples of successful, mutually beneficial partnerships include:
- Subaru – Share the Love Event
- Dreamstyle Remodeling circulates our commercials in their generous advertising on Comcast.
- Long Leash On Life donated 3 tons of pet food to our Pet Food Bank.
- Rude Boy Cookies hosts the Cookie Paws Cause, donating $1 to homeless pets for every Paw Cookie sold in April, 2015.
- La Salita hosts Salsa Saves Lives, an annual fundraiser which donates $1 for every jar of salsa sold to Animal Humane New Mexico.
- Garcia Subaru is a generous Leader of the Pack sponsor of our Doggie Dash & Dawdle event each year.
Are there special needs for an adoption event?
Each appearance of Moby and our Team costs us approximately $250+ for staffing, travel and pet care expenses; therefore, our key goals are to ensure excellent exposure and adoption opportunities. Additionally, we must ensure that the pets in our care are happy and healthy at Mobile Adoption Events. The following requirements can help you determine if a Mobile Adoption Event is the best partnership opportunity for your business and Animal Humane:
- A location with significant foot traffic and ability to promote the event in advance to clients.
- Adequate space near set-up area for parking Moby, or driving access for ease of unloading/loading supplies.
How far in advance should I submit my request?
Please submit event requests as soon as possible, with a minimum of 60 days’ notice. This will ensure that we can co-promote events when necessary effectively, adequately prepare our team, ensure we have no scheduling conflicts and make sure we answer any questions.
Is there a cost for adoption events?
Each time we host a Mobile Adoption Event, we incur expenses of at least $250 for staffing, travel and pet care. We do not require event partners to pay for Mobile Adoption Events, and instead require co-promotion of the event to customers to ensure that our pets have the best opportunity for adoption. Successful events may also include a fundraising component (such as a Benefit Event) to ensure our costs are offset in the event that pets are not adopted.
How does Animal Humane promote our partnership?
Animal Humane can promote partnerships in a variety of ways, depending on the scale of our partnership. You may view our visibility opportunities online; each event is promoted to our social media followers and constituents with methods varying due to time available on Pet of the Week segments and other considerations. These will be outlined for business partners in a Memorandum of Understanding that is developed as we discuss terms of our partnership.
What does my company need to provide?
We greatly value partners who can fully support a proposed event or partnership, enabling us to focus on preparing our pets to travel to your location and promotion. For a mutually beneficial partnership, your company should be able to provide event planning, promotion, space/resources and staffing if needed.
Can we design a customized partnership that better promotes our two organizations?
Yes! We are always looking for creative new ways to work together! These might include in-kind relationships; perhaps your company can incorporate Animal Humane into your extensive advertising or sponsors a television or radio segment. Perhaps you might be able to co-brand an item to give to our 4,000+ adopters each year. Or, perhaps your company can help us supply food to our Pet Food Bank clients, or is interested in a naming opportunity. For more information, please contact Christina Thies, Marketing Director.
Who can I contact for questions or more information?
Please contact Autumn Grey, Marketing Director, at [email protected] or 505.938.7914. for questions or to express interest in a partnership. Thank you for supporting homeless pets!