This position is a key member of the Animal Humane Team and is responsible for diverse tasks in support of Marketing, Marketplace Revenue and Stewardship including: event planning and execution, merchandising: Thrift store & online store, auctions; collateral design & social media and strategic revenue & outreach strategies.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring flexible working hours that includes evening and weekend hours throughout the year. Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle year-round is required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Assist in the coordination of Animal Humane’s events to include planning, timelines, accurate records & reporting; orchestration and execution of all logistics; and prospect/vendor research and solicitation.
- Oversee planning and execution of Merchandizing, including Thrift store action plan in collaboration with Thrift Team and Marketing Director; and coordinate, maintain & supervise online store and/or auction tasks.
- Act as first line of customer service with emails and phones calls related to events and online store inquiries; and in a professional and prompt manner with colleagues, partners, donors, volunteers and the public.
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of partnership stewardship calendar.
- Coordinate annual organizational events calendar including adoptions promotions, events, outings, Pet Health Fairs; Main Campus, Thrift Shop and Westside anniversaries and planned activities for Outreach, Development, Foster Care and Marketing.
- Prepare/update ongoing Events & Outings agenda, as assigned.
- Collaborate with staff, committees, volunteers and Board of Directors to ensure successful implementation of fundraising events and initiatives.
- Communicate with event vendors and food trucks to solidify booking, invoicing, stewardship and other related orchestration.
- Coordinate Annual Dash Barketplace, including all communication, reservations, distribution of information, permits and licensing.
- Design branded collateral & social media posts for events, actives and as needed.
- Research existing and new expense vendors to ensure Animal Humane is receiving the best pricing on event needs.
- Act as coordinator and schedule on- and off-camera spokespersons for Animal Humane, including live feeds, pet appearances, and others as assigned.
- Present and implement fresh ideas to build engagement, partnership interest and revenue streams.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Manager on event crew or marketplace planning needs.
- Help to ensure the organization is promoted effectively, positively and consistently.
Education/Experience: Advanced degree in related field preferred 3+ years of directly related experience required. Nonprofit experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office and internet skills required.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Backend website and Blackbaud experience a plus.
- Possess excellent written, oral and public communications skills.
- Have outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, creativity and passion for field.
- Ability to work effectively on an intra- and inter-departmental level.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work rapidly and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, board members, general public, businesses, media, and community leaders.
- Display a genuine concern for animals and their welfare.
- Have strong work ethic, creativity and passion for Animal Humane’s mission.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Animal Humane operations & services.