The custodian maintains a clean working environment for all staff and visitors.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms
- Fills dispensers with paper towels, tissue and soap
- Cleans, mops vacuums floors
- Empties/cleans wastebaskets
- Removed recycling materials
- Cleans windows
- Dusts and vacuums furniture
- Washes walls and doors
- Dusts and polishes fixtures
- Removes dirt and stains from walls, doors, carpet, and floors using cleaning solutions
- Notify Facilities Director of maintenance issues beyond the scope of janitorial responsibilities
- Tracks and requests maintenance supplies
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is also exposed to outside weather conditions when moving between buildings. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing continually during working hours. Frequently requires lifting 50 pounds and handling of cleaning products. Hours and schedule may vary.
Excellent time management skills
Customer and client focused
Must be able to work with minimum supervision
Follows written and verbal instructions
Good attention to detail
Communicate effectively, oral and written, in English
Education – Preferred education is a high school diploma or GED.
Experience – One (1) year experience as a custodian or janitor in an office/business setting