As a Foster Care Manager, you will coordinate the compassionate care of in foster homes and any pets housed in our Foster Care facility. You will be counseling, training, and educating foster caregivers and program volunteers regarding proper care and handling of pets in the Foster Care Program. You will also recruit, train and maintain a pool of foster parents for your young, injured, sick or unsocialized pets in need of foster care
- A hard worker who likes to solve problems and keep busy.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people as much as pets.
- You enjoy a fast-pace environment and thinking on your feet.
- You are detail-orientated and have great powers of observation.
- You love pets and want to see them all placed in forever homes.
- You possess great computer, phone and data entry skills.
- Able to effectively manage the emotional aspects of caring for pets.
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate and shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door and collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values and the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Counseling potential foster families to make selections/placements of foster pets.
- Providing fist aid and directed medical care to pets as directed by our Shelter Medical Director developed protocols.
- Responsible for data entry and record keeping of all foster pets.
- Contributing content to Animal Humane’s social media streams.
- Hiring, training, and supervising Foster Care employees.
- Managing the Foster Care Department budget.
If would rock if you:
- Had formal training in animal science or as a veterinary assistant or veterinary technician.
- Are competent in handling cats and dogs and have 2 years’ experience working with pets in professional setting.
- Have a minimum of 2 years supervisor experience and a working knowledge of management practices.
- Have and intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite and, accurate computer and data entry skills.