As a Foster Care Attendant & Advisor, you will provide compassionate daily care for pets by counseling & educating volunteers, foster families & the public regarding proper care & handling of pets in the Foster Care Program & within the shelter. Responsibilities include feeding, medicating & performing basic medical treatments as directed by our veterinary staff.
- A hard worker who likes to solve problems & keep busy.
- You enjoy a fast-pace environment & thinking on your feet.
- You have excellent communication skills & enjoy working with people as much as pets.
- You are detail-orientated & have great powers of observation.
- You love pets & want to see them all placed in forever homes.
- You possess great computer, phone & data entry skills.
- Able to effectively manage the emotional aspects of caring for pets.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Counseling potential foster families to make selections/placements of foster pets.
- Scheduling exams, boosters, pick-ups & returns of pets.
- Triaging & accommodating emergent exams & diagnostics.
- Maintaining our Foster Family Database.
- Processing Foster Care volunteer applications.
- Educating volunteers & foster families on pet behavior & enrichment techniques.
- Providing a safe, clean environment for the pets in our care by following our cleaning protocols.
- Preparing & administering medication for pets as prescribed by our veterinarians.
If would rock if you:
- Had formal training in animal science or as a veterinary assistant or veterinary technician.
- Are competent in handling cats & dogs & have 2 years’ experience working with pets in professional setting.
- Have basic, accurate computer & data entry skills.