Maintain in good working condition & appearance the facilities, equipment & grounds, & to provide a safe, professional & efficient shelter program.
- Perform all general repair duties required to maintain Animal Humane buildings & grounds. This includes, but is not limited to constructing, repairing & painting metal & wooden structures, interior & exterior building painting, installing &, when possible, repairing small appliances, & cooler & heating maintenance. When repairs are beyond your capacity, an outside contractor may be used, with approval from the Facilities Director.
- Cut, water, trim & fertilize grass, shrubs & trees. Maintain the inner court area, pull weeds & sweep street & sidewalks in front of buildings as needed.
- Maintain & keep organized & neat, storage sheds utilized for storing equipment, supplies, donated building materials, etc.
- Utilize & provide safekeeping for all tools, maintenance equipment, etc.
- Be responsible for inventory & issuance of supplies & tools to departments.
- Help set up for special events, as well as break down & clean up after event.
- Use computer programs as necessary.
- Maintain communication about community service program with supervisor.
- Assign community service workers to appropriate tasks or work areas, check on them regularly & provide adequate supervision & guidance.
- Assist where needed & perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Keep daily log of assignments completed.
- Help with security issues.
- Fill work orders & requisitions.
- Kennel maintenance.
Noise level may be high. Requires handling & use of power equipment & a valid driver license. Requires lifting 50 pounds & handling of industrial cleaners. Hours & schedule may vary.
- Education, High School Diploma
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written & oral presentation (English)
- One (1) year experience with full physical plant maintenance.