This entry level position is a key member of the Development Team and provides diverse support, including analyzing, recording and acknowledging contributions with efficiency and keen judgment; file maintenance, responding to inquiries, and assistance with donor events.
- Act as the front line of customer service for donor-related inquiries in a professional & prompt manner with colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Provide vital support to Development, including calls and emails with donors, data entry; and preparing acknowledgement letters, data reports, merged mailings, and donor research.
- Accurately and efficiently receive, categorize, and record contributions in Animal Humane’s donor database; and generating acknowledgment letters in a prescribed format, including:
- Upholding strict donor confidentiality and safeguarding of sensitive information at all times.
- Recognizing intricacies of each contribution and recording revenue to correct stream(s) while capturing & responding to all details shared by each constituent.
- Receiving and depositing gifts of cash, check and credit card.
- Reviewing received revenue to ensure accurate and complete documentation, including preparing documentation for scanning and entering into batch.
- Balancing and recording of donations across all departments & categories of giving which requires pulling reports from multiple online portals.
- Perform biographic and demographic updates of records in database.
- Participate in execution & hosting of special events and the associated administration, coordination of personnel and set-up/take-down.
- Process returned mail in database.
- Complete or oversee volunteer completion of data entry projects (Dash participants, Gateway updates, and other as assigned).
- Maintain timely knowledge of annual and ongoing supply needs and place orders, including cards, envelopes, named bricks and brick installation acknowledgment process.
- Consistently achieve performance excellence in the myriad of complex scenarios and miscellaneous duties this position requires.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to self-manage & problem-solve with detail-oriented approach.
- Commitment to protecting Animal Humane’s integrity by maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Achieve consistency in accuracy and efficiency with gift processing and donor database.
- Ability to work in an environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment and spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to understand and consistently follow instructions and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Dedication to our mission including being up to speed on our organization-wide events.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a nonprofit or comparable setting required.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring flexible working hours that includes evening and weekend hours throughout the year. Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle year-round is required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.