The Development Office Manager is responsible for receiving, recording, and acknowledging donations in an efficient manner as well as assisting with all aspects of donor stewardship/solicitation.
- Receiving and categorizing donations, recording them into Animal Humane’s database (DonorPerfect) as well as generating and posting acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion. More specifically, this includes:
- Opening and sorting gifts arriving by mail Monday-Friday
- Depositing checks arriving at Animal Humane
- Retrieving, processing, and acknowledging online gifts
- Processing and acknowledging memorial/honorarium donations
- Processing and acknowledging Direct Mail gifts including downloading gifts from a secure FTP site, importing data into DonorPerfect and preparing acknowledgment letters
- Processing recurring gifts on a monthly basis
- Running credit card batches
- Retrieving, processing, and acknowledging employee giving (e.g., United Way) donations including downloading gifts from a secure site and generating thank you letters as needed
- Generating Annual Statements of Giving each January
- Performing required database maintenance, such as merging duplicate records and correcting and/or updating contact information
- Creating new individual and organizational constituent records in donor base as needed.
- Overseeing Animal Humane’s Doghouse Donation Box Program including building new routes and/or expanding existing routes for volunteers, assuring donations boxes are counted by volunteers and properly recorded in a timely fashion, performing necessary upkeep of boxes, and stewarding volunteers and host businesses.
- Preparing handwritten correspondence for donors and community partners as needed.
- Compiling donor lists for Animal Humane mailings, i.e., special events, donor receptions, annual reports, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Some evening and weekend hours required for Animal Humane donor-related functions.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (or a related field) or minimum of two years experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
Successful applicant must:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exhibit outstanding organizational skills and professional behavior at all times
- Possess excellent grammar skills
- Have excellent telephone and face-to-face customer service skills
- Be comfortable with public speaking and outreach engagements
- Understanding of the nonprofit world strongly desired.
- Knowledge of database management, DonorPerfect, strongly desired.