Effective Tuesday, March 24:
In accordance with Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s issued statewide “stay-at-home” public health order to do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are closing our Adoptions & Clinic services to the public.
We will be closed until April 10, when we will re-evaluate, while we continue to monitor directives from the Governor & CDC.
Our Pet Food Bank will remain open on Sundays & Thursdays, also using the guidelines, including social distancing. When at our Pet Food Bank, follow traffic directions for pick-up.
Please be assured that the pets still housed at our shelter are being cared for by our dedicated Team using the guidelines set forth by Gov. Lujan Grisham.
Your ongoing generosity allows us to continue providing vital services to homeless & at-risk pets at our shelter. To make a monetary donation, please visit our website or call 505.938.7883. And, you can help without leaving your home by ordering off our Amazon Wish List.
If you have found a stray pet, please try to reunite them with their owner by:
- Visiting your closest veterinary clinic to have the pet scanned for a microchip
- Posting a found pet report on neighborhood apps, including Pawboost & Nextdoor
- Searching & posting on social media
- Use Pawboost to create a free flyer & post in the area you found the pet
- Post on Animal Humane’s Lost & Found website: https://animalhumanenm.org/adopt/lost-found/
- Report the found pet to AWD by calling 311, including the Pawboost information
Thank you for your patience, generosity & graciousness during this difficult time as we respond to the ever-changing needs of our pets & our community.
Please check back frequently for the latest updates.