Effective Friday, March 20:
- By appointment only
- Tuesday through Sunday, 11 am to 5:30 pm
- To schedule an appointment, please call 505.255.5523, Ext. 139
- When scheduling an appointment, please be aware of the following:
- We cannot guarantee the availability of pets for your appointment.
- We recommend that you prepare a list of several pets that you would like to meet with prior to arriving at Animal Humane. You can view adoptable pets here.
- If the pets you have pre-selected are not suitable, our Team will try to make a match based on what type of pet you are looking for.
- When you arrive for the appointment, we will show you up to three pets of your choosing (if they are still available).
- In order to adopt a pet, you must qualify as an adopter.
- If you are interested in adopting a dog, please bring any resident dogs with you for a Meet & Greet.
- When you arrive for your appointment please park in the Adoptions Center parking lot (behind the Big Blue Building) & follow the signs for Adoptions.
- Same-day appointments will be offered, if available.
- We reserve the right to refuse an adoption.
- If you are missing a pet, please call the Adoptions front desk at (505)938-7860. Reclaims of stray pets will still be offered on a walk-in basis.
- We are suspending all Day Care & Boarding operations through April 10.
- We will evaluate our re-open date in accordance with any new recommendations or mandates by state & local governing bodies.
- The Team will continue to provide high-quality care to dogs currently boarding with us; we are not accepting new boarders or boarding reservations at this time.
Effective Monday, March 23:
We are currently not providing the following services:
- Routine care
- Urgent & non-urgent appointments
- Trap-Neuter-Return of feral cats
- Pick up of prescription medication
We still will offer the following:
- Telemedicine for existing clients with pets actively being treated by our veterinarians
- Scheduled surgeries, including spay/neuter & specialty surgeries
- Drop-off appointments for post-surgical patients
- Humane euthanasia in our Comfort Rooms
- Shipping of most prescription medications
- If you…
- have a weakened immune system
- have traveled outside the state of New Mexico within the last two weeks
- are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and have not seen a healthcare professional
- or, you are otherwise unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please email Cancel@AnimalHumaneNM.org.