If you have traveled outside the state of New Mexico within the last two weeks OR you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 & have not seen a healthcare professional, please exercise appropriate social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Main Campus
- Hours 10 am – 6 pm
- All prescreening will take place outside.
- Dog Meet & Greets will take place in outdoor runs.
- Cat Meet & Greets will take place indoors.
- Please review our available pets online prior to coming to campus.
- Prepare to wait comfortably in your vehicle after checking in if fellow adopters are ahead of you. If this is necessary, we will call you when your turn arises.
- For more information call 505.938.7860.
- Westside Adoption Center: Closed effective Tuesday, March 17, following APS’ 3 week-closure schedule.
Admissions: Please call our Admissions Department at 505.938.7861 to schedule an appointment to surrender a pet. Strays will be accommodated on a walk-in basis, space permitting.
- Doggie Day Care & Boarding are open.
- We ask that clients call our team at 505.933.1966 when they arrive for drop-off & pick-up & a member of our Team will meet you outside.
- Agility & Behavior Training: All Center training events are postponed.
Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic:
- Our Clinic is currently seeing select cases only.
- All non-urgent & wellness exams are being rescheduled.
- To contact our Clinic Team, please call 505.217.0300 & leave a message.
- Please note, we are not an emergency clinic. If your pet is in a life-threatening situation, please contact one of the emergency clinics listed in the Resources & Links section.
Pet Food Bank:
- Our Pet Food Bank is currently open for its regularly scheduled hours: Thursday & Sunday, 10 am – Noon.
- We are seeing higher than average visitors & donations of pet food are gladly still being accepted. Donations can be dropped off immediately inside our walk-through gate off Virginia Street.
Thrift Shop: Closed effective Saturday, March 14, following APS’ 3 week-closure schedule.
- At this time, we request the following volunteer groups stay home:
- Dog Walkers
- Cat Cuddlers
- Afternoon Clinic Volunteers
- Adoption & Admissions Front Desk Volunteers
- Page Pals Volunteers
- If you have questions, please contact your Volunteer Team Lead or Jessica Langer.
- Currently, we are asking that Clinic Recovery Volunteers & Pet Food Bank Volunteers who are comfortable doing so continue their regularly scheduled shifts.
Donations: Your ongoing generosity allows us to continue providing these vital services to homeless & at-risk pets. In addition to monetary donations, which can be made on our website or by calling 505.938.7938.
We are in desperate need of bleach, pet food & treats. Donations can be dropped off at our Main Campus immediately inside our walk-through gate off Virginia St., without the need for face-to-face contact. We are eternally grateful for your compassion & support.
Thank you for your patience, generosity & graciousness during this difficult time as we respond to the ever-changing needs of our pets & our community.
Please check back frequently for the latest updates.