Effective Saturday, April 4, 2020:
Accepting Emergency Intakes of Stray Cats, Dogs, Puppies & Kittens
We are open for emergency admissions of stray sick or injured dogs & cats, or stray puppies & kittens, 7 days a week between 10 am and 4 pm by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 505.938.7861, leave a message, and a member of our Team will get back to you.
While we understand that sometimes pet parents are no longer able to keep their pet, at this time we are unable to accept owner surrenders and we encourage owner’s to hold onto their pet until New Mexico’s stay-at-home order is lifted. Please visit our website for resources that may assist you in the meantime.
Have You Found a Healthy Adult Pet?
If you have found a healthy adult pet, please try to reunite them with their owner by:
- Visiting your closest veterinary clinic to have the pet scanned for a microchip
- Posting a found pet report on neighborhood apps, including Pawboost & Nextdoor
- Searching & posting on social media
- Use Pawboost to create a free flyer & post in the area you found the pet
- Post on Animal Humane’s Lost & Found website: https://animalhumanenm.org/adopt/lost-found/
If you are unable to locate the pet’s owner, you are unable to shelter that pet while we are undergoing the current social distancing restrictions & you found the pet within the City of Albuquerque, please contact Albuquerque Animal Welfare at 505.768.2000 or 311.
Emergency Veterinary Clinics
Our Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic is currently providing limited telemedicine appointments to existing clients only. As our Clinic is not an emergency clinic, please contact one of the practices below if your pet needs urgent or emergent veterinary care.
- Route 66 Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center at 505.266.7866
- Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center of New Mexico at 505.884.3533
- VCA Veterinary Care Animal Hospital & Referral Center at 505.292.5353
- Kokopelli Animal Clinic at 505.315.2715