Animal Humane’s Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic services require all pets to be spayed/neutered. If a pet is not sterilized, a nonrefundable retainer fee for spay/neuter surgery will be required at the time of exam. You may request an appointment by leaving a message at 505.217.0300. A team member will contact you within 72 business hours.
Services for qualified low-income pet owners include:
- Wellness/Preventive Care
- Medical Treatment/Management
- Dental Care
- Diagnostics (including digital x-ray)
Vaccinating your pet is one of the easiest ways to help him or her live a long, healthy life. At Animal Humane, we offer pet vaccinations by appointment to qualifying clients. Please call 505.217.0300 to leave a message to schedule an appointment. A team member will contact you within 72 business hours.
Vaccines are offered in conjunction with an exam ($30-$47) and by appointment only.
Vaccinations may be administered by one of our technicians for the following fees if your pet has been examined by one of our veterinarians within the past 12 months. If your pet requires a 12-month veterinary exam, the $35 Office Visit is required in addition to these fees.
- RCP respiratory complex for cats $15
- DA2PP distemper/parvo complex for dogs $16
- Bordetella vaccine for dogs $15
- Rabies 1 year vaccine for cats and dogs $12
- Rabies 3 year vaccine for cats and dogs $20
Puppies and kittens in their first year need a series of 3 vaccines every 3-4 weeks from 6 to 14 weeks of age.
- Microchip $20
Spay/neuter services are offered to qualified low-income clients by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 505.217.0300 and choose option 1 to leave a voicemail. A Clinic Team member will call you back within two weeks to schedule an appointment.
Cats: $35 for males and $45 for females.*
Dogs: $70 to $120 based on weight and gender.*
*If a pet is pregnant, in heat, or encounters unforeseen complications, the cost of the surgery will be more.
- A pre-surgical exam ($19) with one of our veterinarians is required two weeks before the scheduled surgery.
- Payment is due in full when you drop off your pet.
- Please withhold food from your pet after 10 pm the night before surgery; leave water available all night.