Payment is due at time of service. We do not accept delayed payments or payment plans. Forms of payment accepted are Care Credit, a 6 month interest free credit card (for amounts over $200), Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Cash. We no longer accept checks as a form of payment.
- Exam: Although our initial exam prices are very low, blood work, X-Rays and medications required during diagnosis and treatment are not included in the exam fee. An initial exam ranges from $35 – $47 and an estimate will be provided for other expenses following evaluation by one of our veterinarians.
- Spay/Neuter Retainer: For any pet that is not spayed or neutered, a $50 retainer fee will be required to be paid at the time of the exam. When you return to have your pet spayed or neutered, the retainer fee will be applied to the cost of the surgery.
- You must qualify to use clinic services. See Income Qualification Guidelines.
- All services are by appointment only. We do not see walk-in appointments, and urgent care cases should be seen by a local emergency clinic. Please call 505.217.0300 to leave a message to schedule an appointment. A team member will contact you within 72 business hours.
- Owners with aggressive pets will incur an additional handling fee each time they visit our clinic. Aggressive dogs must be muzzled when entering our Clinic lobby and cats must arrive in a trap or a soft–sided carrier. Pets with a history of biting may also be required to be sedated prior to or during their exam or procedure. Sedation is at the discretion of our attending veterinarians. Owners unwilling to comply with the above stipulations will not receive further services from Animal Humane New Mexico’s Donor-subsidized Veterinary Clinic.