As the CAT and Rescue Programs Manager you will be responsible for oversight of the Cats Around Town (CAT), Working Cat, Rescue, and the Adoptions portion of the Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) Programs.
- You are passionate about supporting and improving the lives of cats and dogs and the people who care for them.
- Energized by people and can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane.
- A motivational leader adept in team building.
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate and shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door and collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values, and the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Establishing, managing, and maintaining partnerships with business partners who respond to adoption inquires for shelter pets in the program and counsel potential adoptions on bet behavior.
- Managing the Working Cat Program
- Managing our efforts to find placement with other animal welfare groups for pets as directed by our veterinarians, behavior staff and Extra Push Animal team.
- Management feline enrichment activities and assist the Behavior Team in performing and developing cat evaluations and behavior modification protocols.
If would rock if you:
- Had 2 or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a leadership, supervisory or management role.
- Had 1 or more years’ experience working with animals, and the public in a professional setting.
- You love organization.
- You work hard, play harder and you make friends everywhere you go, and love be part of a team!
- Have great skills for managing requests from several directions at once. Had a working knowledge of local animal laws, common animal health and behavioral concerns and safe animal handling techniques.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online by clicking here.