Date(s) - 09/19/2015
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Animal Humane New Mexico - Main Campus
Animal Humane began with Colonel Edmund and Thelma Evans and a stolen Yorkshire Terrier… and on September 1, celebrates 50 years of saving lives. Founded in 1965, the innovative animal shelter has grown from a single two-story building to a four-acre campus, housing 20 comprehensive programs, and recently completing a $5.6 million dollar renovation.
Animal Humane plans to celebrate a half-century of saving lives with the public at their Virginia Street SE Main Campus on September 19, 2015. The public celebration includes a music festival, arts & crafts fair, adoption specials, and time capsule, all available from 11 – 4 pm.
“The work and vision of Animal Humane over the last 50 years is truly cause for celebration.” says Peggy Weigle, Executive Director. “Our vision will guide us in the following decades to extend our support to dogs and cats throughout our State through humane education, spay/neuter and adoption services.”
• Mini Music Festival, featuring local bands including: Lenin & McCarthy, a Beatles Cover Band; Eileen & the In-Betweens, an indie-folk band; Electric Juice Box; and Youngsville, a pop/acoustic trio. These musicians are generously donating their performances in honor of our 50th Anniversary.
• Honor your pets with a photo or note placed in our Time Capsule
• Behind the Scenes Tours of our vibrant Main Campus
• Local arts & crafts vendors, as well as our own Thrift Shop – plan to do some holiday shopping!
• Early Registration for Doggie Dash & Dawdle
• $50 or less pet adoptions specials