Are you awesome? Because we are looking for awesome. Do you believe people love their pets and want what is best for them? We are seeking a Behavior Specialist/Trainer to join our team of amazing dog trainers at The Center at Animal Humane.
- Passionate about pets and about bringing pet lovers together to celebrate all pets bring to our lives
- Detail-oriented & creative, with the ability to bring creative design ideas to the table while remaining grounded in our branding & style expectations
- A self-starter & impeccably organized.
- Compassionate, adaptable, resourceful & collaborative
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Conducting training classes in which cover topics of varying degrees of animal behavior to educate the public on the best way to identify and approach behavior related issues with their pets.
- Conducting private consultations both on campus and in-home with clients who have pets showing behavior concerns.
- Using sound marketing and public relations skills in addressing the public and promoting programs and services offered by the facility.
If would rock if you:
- Had one or more years’ experience training dogs (certification is not necessary but strongly encouraged)
- Have passion for working with dogs and their owners
- Strong dog handling skills, ability to read dog body language
- Ability to adapt quickly and make decisions
- Strong, demonstrated/proven sales and marketing skills