As an Adoption Advisor, you are the first face our visitors will see when they come to Animal Humane! You will provide excellent customer service while counseling & educating potential adopters of shelter pets & provide information to the public about our pets, events & programs. You will also be involved in completing intakes for stray dogs & cats, pets from transferred from other shelters & owner surrenders.
- Energized by people & can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane to the general public.
- An outstanding communicator who can guide the selection of pets based on household members & other resident pets, levels of activity, physical environments & other important considerations.
An amazing shelter that saves & impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate & shares a common goal of supporting & improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door & collaboration & positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values & the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Working with members of the public in person, getting to know them to best match them with adoptable pets & discuss topics related to general animal care, behavior & health needs.
- Working with incoming dogs & cats and the individuals bringing them to us, with a focus on accurately recording all necessary information pertaining to the pets & their behavior as they arrive
- Communicating virtually (via phone & email) with adopters & other members of the public to schedule them for visits to our campus for adoptions or intakes & answer their questions about pets, our programs & policies.
It would rock if you:
- Have one or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a retail or service setting.
- Are comfortable making sales with members of the public, which in our case might mean introducing them to a special pet OR helping them with the purchase of pet care items.
- Are a multi-tasking whiz, able to focus of multiple needs at a time & work in a busy & sometimes emotional environment.
- Love using your friendly, compassionate public relations skills to address questions from the public & promote our programs & services.
- Are comfortable using computers, specifically the Microsoft suite of programs & speaking frequently on the phone.
- Are comfortable handling cats & dogs of a variety of sizes, ages, breeds & backgrounds.