As an Adoption Advisor, you are the first face our visitors will see when they come to Animal Humane! You will provide excellent customer service while counseling and educating potential adopters of shelter pets, and provide information to the public about our pets, events and programs. You will also be involved in completing intakes for stray dogs and cats, pets from transferred from other shelters, and owner surrenders. This is a part-time position.
- Energized by people and can maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane to the general public.
- An outstanding communicator who can guide the selection of pets based on household members and other resident pets, levels of activity, physical environments and other important considerations.
An amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of pets lives each year. We have a team that is compassionate and shares a common goal of supporting and improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We work diligently to maintain an open culture where egos are checked at the door and collaboration and positivity run wild. Everyone is a hands-on contributor. Our mission, vision, values and the desire to do what’s right drive our decisions.
You will be:
- Working with members of the public in person, getting to know them to best match them with adoptable pets and discuss topics related to general animal care, behavior, and health needs.
- Working with incoming dogs and cats and the individuals bringing them to us, with a focus on accurately recording all necessary information pertaining to the pets and their behavior as they arrive
- Communicating virtually (via phone and email) with adopters and other members of the public to schedule them for visits to our campus for adoptions or intakes and answer their questions about pets, our programs and policies.
It would rock if you:
- Have one or more years’ experience delivering excellent customer service in a retail or service setting.
- Are comfortable making sales with members of the public, which in our case might mean introducing them to a special pet OR helping them with the purchase of pet care items.
- Are a multi-tasking whiz, able to focus of multiple needs at a time and work in a busy and sometimes emotional environment.
- Love using your friendly, compassionate public relations skills to address questions from the public and promote our programs and services.
- Are comfortable using computers, specifically the Microsoft suite of programs, and speaking frequently on the phone.
- Are comfortable handling cats and dogs of a variety of sizes, ages, breeds and backgrounds.