Are you interested in using your excellent customer service skills to improve the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs? The Center at Animal Humane is seeking experienced Administrative Assistants to fill one full-time and one part-time position in our brand new Day Care and Boarding facility.
Founded in 1965, Animal Humane New Mexico is the state’s leading private nonprofit animal welfare organization serving more than 10,000 homeless and at-risk dogs & cats each year. We support every pet at Animal Humane with outstanding veterinary, social and emotional care.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Center’s training and hospitality departments by responding to phone and walk-in customers. They will identify needs and direct external inquiries and customers to the appropriate department for assistance.
Sound interesting? The ideal candidate should have 3 years of administrative, personnel or financial management experience. Excellent, demonstrated customer service skills and experience in scheduling and appointment stetting are a must. Experience in managing a diverse staff in an animal welfare agency is a plus.
This person must have a passion for pets and a high standard of excellence. They must have strong customer service skills, the ability to seamlessly collaborate across departments and excellent verbal and written communication skills
1. Provide excellent customer service.
2. Answer incoming calls and provide information as appropriate; forward messages to the appropriate department.
3. Receive incoming visitors, respond to questions, requests, complaints and/or refer to appropriate department. Assist in signing clients up for classes, scheduling hospitality appointments and directing visitors.
4. Retrieve and respond to all incoming call messages left at the general voice mail box daily (or next business day, if appropriate).
5. Respond to all incoming emails referenced by The Center at Animal Humane website.
6. Provide and maintain printed materials and brochures for training programs and other services.
7. Maintain updated referral listing book of resource for internal and external customers in accessing animal services and programs.
8. Gain thorough knowledge of the workings of all office equipment.
9. Order and maintain all office supplies for hospitality department.
10. Order and maintain supply of retail items.
11. Call pet parents with any concerns that may arise during their pet’s stay.
12. Record information about each pet entering for care including the pet’s medical history, behavioral history and pet parent’s contact
13. Upkeep the waiting list for training classes.
14. Generate and mail out any necessary letters.
15. Maintain neat and clean lobby and work areas.
16. Distribute all incoming packages to proper person/department.
17. Provide guidance to volunteers as needed.
18. Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for reception.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of study preferred. Any combination of education training and experience equivalent to a degree may be substituted.
• Required Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of animal management procedures and activities, including sheltering practices and veterinary issues; Excellent oral and written communications skills; Ability to use computers, office equipment, vehicles, and animal restraint equipment; and to have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License. Professional training certification preferred. Problem solving and conflict resolution.
Three years’ experience with administrative, personnel, and financial matters involved in managing a large, diverse staff in an animal welfare agency. Customer service, scheduling, appointment setting and heavy phones.
Please complete our online application and submit your cover letter and resume at https://animalhumanenm.org/get-involved-2/join-our-team/