Please allow plenty of time to find your perfect pet. The adoption process, once you have selected a pet, will take at least 30 minutes. You may experience a short wait to meet with one of our Adoption Advisors.
- Prior to meeting with our adoptable pets, you will be asked to fill out a brief survey. Potential dog adopters complete ASPCA's Meet Your Match® survey, and potential cat adopters complete a survey created by Animal Humane. These brief surveys will help us determine the best pet match for you.
- You may tour our campus at any time and become acquainted with the variety of beautiful pets available for adoption.
- Please note the report cards on each adoptable pet's living quarters. You will learn how they came to Animal Humane, personality traits/preferences, and other valuable information. Adoption Advisors or volunteers will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about our pet residents.
- Once you found your perfect companion, our Adoption Advisors will walk you through the adoption process. We ask that every member of your family meet our pet residents prior to adoption. When considering adopting a dog, if you currently own a dog(s), we require that you bring your dog(s) to Animal Humane so that they may be introduced to your potential new canine family member through a supervised "Meet and Greet.” This helps to ensure that your new dog is the perfect fit for your family. Please note: we perform background checks on every potential adopter, and will not adopt a pet to any person convicted of a violent crime or animal abuse.
- After signing our adoption contract, paying our adoption fees, and going over our post-adoption programs, your new pet will be ready to go home with you! Donations are always welcomed as our adoption fees cover only a fraction of the costs of preparing a pet for adoption.